Tesla Powerwall Installations Surpass 200,000 Globally
The first generation was introduced six years ago.
Tesla announced that the cumulative number of global installations of the Powerwall home energy storage systems surpassed 200,000.
This huge milestone was achieved over six years, since the first generation of Powerwalls (7 and 10 kWh were introduced in Spring 2015.
The demand for the Powerwalls was high right from the beginning and as far as we know, constrained by the availability of battery cells. This is why recently the company allows buying Powerwalls only together with solar installations.
For quite some time, the Powerwall units were 13.5 kWh and customers can combine up to 10 units at a single site, depending on energy/power requirements.
Powerwall share in Tesla Energy
200,000 times 13.5 kWh is up to 2.7 GWh (initially there were versions with different battery capacity).
That, compared to over 6.7 GWh of energy storage systems installed between January 2016 and end of March 2021, gives us a glimpse at how big the Powerwall share is out of the overall Tesla energy storage business.
About 40%, which is a lot. The remaining 60% would be then the bigger Powerpack and Megapack installations.
Tesla Powerwall specs:
- Energy Capacity
100% depth of discharge
90% round trip efficiency
7kW peak / 5kW continuous
Seamless backup transition
Pure sine wave output
- Size and Weight
L x W x D
45.3″ x 29.6″ x 5.75″
1150 mm x 753 mm x 147 mm
251.3 lbs / 114 kg
Floor or wall mounted
Indoor or outdoor
Up to 10 Powerwalls
-4°F to 122°F / -20°C to 50°C
Water and dust resistance to IP67
Meets US and international safety standards
Meets US and international EMI standards
Source: Read Full Article