10 Biggest News Stories of the Week: 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime Plug-In Prevails
The 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime lives up to its name, with our full expert review of the all-new plug-in hybrid variant of one of America’s favorite small compact SUVs taking the prime spot among our most popular articles of the week. In his review of the fuel-sipping family hauler, Cars.com’s Kelsey Mays notes the RAV4 Prime’s robust acceleration — comparable to that of the SUV’s defunct V-6-powered version — fitting as it managed to speed past not only our coverage of the 2021 Hyundai Elantra, but also that of the fire-breathing SRT versions of Dodge’s Challenger, Charger and Durango on this week’s top 10.
Related: 10 Biggest News Stories of the Month: For New, Used Car Shoppers, American-Made Makes the Grade
While its oomph off the line is impressive, along with being admirably efficient (not to mention the lone plug-in hybrid SUV that doesn’t bear a luxury nameplate), the RAV4 Prime poses some issues in the ride-and-handling department, as well as brake feel — and that hair-shy-of-$40,000 starting price will have you tugging at your shirt collar like Rodney Dangerfield not getting the measure of deference to which he feels he’s entitled. If the RAV4 Prime piques your interest, you can read Mays’ comprehensive critique via the link below to our No. 1 story of the week.
Rounding out this week’s top five are our breakdown of the pros and cons of taking out a 72-month or almost comically lengthy 84-month auto loan, at No. 2; Cars.com reviewer Joe Bruzek’s up-close-and-personal first impressions of the Hyundai Elantra sedan in its updated 2021 form, at No. 3; and at Nos. 4 and 5, our Aaron Bragman brings you the scoop on the absurdly overpowered, SRT-badged 2021 Dodge Durango Hellcat and not-quite-a-Demon Challenger Super Stock, respectively.
Beyond that, we’ve got headlines on the Nissan Titan XD, Ford Mustang Mach-E and Hyundai Sonata Hybrid, as well as on the 2022 Volkswagen Tiguan refresh — so you’re gonna at least want to browse the bottom half of the countdown. Here are the top 10 news stories Cars.com readers couldn’t get enough of in the past week:
1. 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime Plug-In Hybrid Review: Efficiently Quick, Annoyances Aside
2. What to Know Before Taking on a 72- or 84-Month Car Loan
3. How the 2021 Hyundai Elantra Stands Out Vs. Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla
4. 2021 Dodge Durango: Brand’s Only SUV Gets New Lease on Life, Hellcat Model
5. 2021 Dodge Challenger Super Stock: It’s No Demon, But It’s No Slouch, Either
6. 2020 Nissan Titan XD: 6 Pros and 2 Cons
7. 2021 Hyundai Elantra First-Look Video: Interior, Tech … and Triangles
8. 2022 Volkswagen Tiguan Refresh Updates Looks, Tech
9. Ford Mustang Mach-E Leans Into Muscle-Car Moniker With More Power, Speed
10. 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Review: Ordinary in the Best Way
Cars.com’s Editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. In line with Cars.com’s long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don’t accept gifts or free trips from automakers. The Editorial department is independent of Cars.com’s advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.
Source: Read Full Article