10 Biggest News Stories of the Week: 2020 Corvette, 2021 Ford F-150 Just Can’t Deal
Shopping for a new car and wanna check the boxes for all your personal non-negotiables while also keeping your USD in the USA? We culled the top 10 of the 91 vehicles in Cars.com’s 2020 American-Made Index — all the models meeting our stringent standard for factors like domestic-parts content and place of assembly — for the best deals for buyers. The full rundown on these offers — on the Chevrolet Colorado, Ford Ranger and Jeep Cherokee, among others — can be found via the link below to our No. 1 news article of the week, just in time for your Fourth of July holiday car search.
Related: The Cars.com 2020 American-Made Index: Which Cars Are Most American?
And while you won’t find deep discounts on the all-new-for-2020 mid-engine Chevrolet Corvette C8, our No. 2 story of the week makes a strong case for why you could do worse than hand over your federal diplomas for this American icon. In addition to its legitimately reasonable-for-what-you-get starting price under 60 stacks, the blue-collar supercar — as Cars.com reviewer Aaron Bragman explains in his story — is shockingly livable as a daily driver, boasting formidable cabin comfort, a calm and quiet ride, and exceptional gas mileage.
Also popular this week was the unveiling of the subtly redesigned 2021 Ford F-150 pickup truck. You’ll have to squint hard to detect physical changes to the exterior design, but the big news lies in the much-needed interior upgrade, all-new hybrid variant and available onboard power generator. Our coverage of the overhauled F-150 ranks at both No. 3 and No. 10 among the week’s most popular headlines, but for a comprehensive preview on America’s best-selling truck (and vehicle overall), be sure to pop over to Cars.com sister site PickupTrucks.com.
Rounding out the week’s top five are our rapid-fire rundown of the things we like (and those we don’t much care for) about the 2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost High Performance Package, at No. 4, and our comparison of rival hybrid versions of the 2020 Honda CR-V and 2020 Toyota RAV4 on the scale-tipping factors of acceleration, gas mileage and price.
There’s lots more car news to peruse while whiling away the hours on this long holiday weekend, so read on. Here are the top 10 news stories Cars.com readers couldn’t get enough of in the past week:
1. What Are the Best 4th of July Car Deals on the Most American Cars?
2. Living With a 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C8: All That and Fuel Efficient Too?
3. 2021 Ford F-150: 2 Things We Know (and 3 We Expect) Ahead of Redesign Reveal
4. 2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost High Performance Package: 6 Things We Like, 3 Things We Don’t
5. 2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid Vs. 2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid: Which Is Better?
6. Ford Vs. Chevy: A Rivalry for the Automotive Ages Rages On
7. 2020 Honda Civic Type R: 5 Pros and 3 Cons
8. 2020 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Review: Fancy but Flawed
9. Dodge, Kia Are Most Reliable Car Brands in First 90 Days, While Tesla Perturbs
10. 2021 Ford F-150: America’s Favorite Vehicle Gets an Upgrade
Cars.com’s Editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. In line with Cars.com’s long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don’t accept gifts or free trips from automakers. The Editorial department is independent of Cars.com’s advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.
Source: Read Full Article