Why I picked the Skoda Slavia over the Volkswagen Virtus
In the long run I expect both cars to fare equally being almost the same in terms of reliability or maintenance.
BHPian audioholic recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
Reasons why I picked the Slavia over the Virtus:
- Having been in Germany last year and for quite a bit of the last five years, I am really fed up of that front looks of the Golf and Polo with the twin chrome lines. The Virtus looks too familiar and I really need a change.
- I didn’t like how they faked a reflector in the Taigun and gave a single barrel headlight, and in the Virtus launch they faked the indicator as a DRL. Instead Skoda has neatly integrated an Indicator in both cars(though not LED).
- Interiors wise, again not a fan of the huge piano black panel in the Virtus as well as the painted panel of the Taigun.
- Roof liner in the Virtus is still the hairy felt material whereas they have upped the game in the Slavia with a neat fabric.
- Time line wise, for me to get hold of the Virtus it might be May or June or later. For the Slavia I can get the second batch of cars next month. Can’t wait till June July unfortunately.
- But to be honest I liked the Virtus from some angles and the Slavia from some. Hence it’s a very close call.
In the long run I expect both cars to fare equally being almost the same in terms of reliability or maintenance. Hence those factors are ruled out. Have taken the plunge and booked a 1.5 Style DSG in White.
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article