MG Astor engine options revealed
The Astor will compete with the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and the Skoda Kushaq.
MG Motor India is gearing up to introduce the Astor in the Indian market on September 15, 2021. The carmaker has now revealed the engines that will be offered in the new compact SUV ahead of its launch.
As expected, the Astor will be available with two petrol engine options. These include a 1.3-litre turbo-petrol unit producing 161 BHP and 230 Nm and a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated motor that puts out 118 BHP and 150 Nm. The former will be offered with an automatic transmission while the 1.5-litre engine will come with the option of a manual and CVT.
MG has also confirmed that the Super and Smart variants will be offered with the 1.5-litre engine, while the top-spec Sharp and Savvy trims will get the turbo-petrol motor.
The Astor will compete with the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and the Skoda Kushaq. One of the key features that will differentiate it from its rivals is the Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS). It includes safety aids like Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Collision Warning, Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Departure Prevention, Intelligent Headlamp Control (IHC), Rear Drive Assist (RDA) and Speed Assist System.
Source: Read Full Article
- Did You Know Chevy Built a 12-Cylinder Corvette C4 ZR-12? This Is What It Sounds Like
- Capsized Cargo Ship Sliced Apart In Salvage Efforts, Revealing Hundreds Of Mangled Cars
- Peugeot diesel vehicles under investigation by French courts
- BharatBenz launches used CV business
- 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L’s Fuel Economy Doesn’t Take an L