Maruti Jimny: Real world observations by a 2020 Mahindra Thar owner
Overall, the 5-door Jimny looks smaller than the Mahindra Thar.
BHPian robimahanta recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
Had the opportunity to check out a 5-door Jimny during a market research event in Bangalore.
- It was a lovely dark blue colour shod with 195/80 R15 alloys (Bridgestone Duelers).
- The length is exactly same as the Thar (sub 4m) but the wheelbase is much better.
- Ingress and egress was a breeze both front and back.
- There was a lot of chrome in the front grill (globally it is black) and the rear tail lamps integrated into the rear bumper looked a little out of proportion.
- Overall the car looked a lot smaller than the Thar.
- The steering was lovely to hold and the 4H/4L lever was nicely placed below the 5 MT lever. The front power window switches were next to 4WD lever.
- Wish they had got the 3 door version instead, otherwise with the 102ps/130Nm (1462cc engine) it is neither here nor there.
Looking forward to a proper test drive in the near future.
Read BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article