BYD Atto 3 Review : 11 Pros & 11 Cons
The BYD Atto 3 is loaded with safety features. It has received a 5-star safety rating in Euro NCAP crash tests.
BYD Atto 3 Pros
- A proper electric car that’s built on a dedicated EV platform (and not an IC-engine convert)
- Well-rounded product that looks good, has a nice cabin and good space too
- Green image & zero tailpipe emissions appeal to the environmentally conscious
- Punchy motor offers fast performance. 0-100 km/h time of 7.3 seconds is enjoyable!!
- Selectable regenerative braking and drive modes allow you to extract maximum performance or efficiency, as needed
- ~400-km range is adequate for urban commuting as well as the usual road-tripping with family
- Low running costs & cheaper long-term maintenance (as is the case with all EVs)
- An excellent city car. Smooth driving experience, good low-speed ride quality, and easy to drive
- 8-year / 1,60,000 km battery warranty, 8-year / 1,50,000 km warranty on motor, 6 years roadside assistance, and more
- Features such as the vehicle-to-load function (AC power for appliances), 12.8-inch touchscreen, panoramic sunroof, adaptive cruise control, NFC key card, etc.
- 5-star Euro NCAP rating. Safety kit includes 7 airbags, level 2 ADAS features, a 360-degree camera, ESP etc.
BYD Atto 3 Cons
- Expensive! The Atto 3 is premium priced at 35 – 37 lakhs OTR
- Funky interior design may not be to everyone’s liking
- Needs a charging point installed at your home parking. This is not doable for many people
- Comfort-oriented suspension setup offers nothing for the enthusiasts
- Lack of charging infrastructure limits long-distance / highway usability
- Long “full tank” charging times in comparison with an ICE car. Overnight charging is best
- Missing features such as ventilated seats, rain-sensing wipers, connected car tech, spare wheel (!!!!!), wireless Android Auto / Apple CarPlay…
- 8-speaker sound system is ordinary for the price
- Single variant on offer. No cheaper entry-level variants to choose from
- A relatively new brand in India (although BYD is huge globally), so long-term reliability & after-sales service quality are unknowns
- Dealer network is currently tiny (~20 dealers across India only)
Read Team-BHP’s Detailed BYD Atto 3 Review.
Source: Read Full Article