Ather 450X catches fire due to a wiring harness issue

Ather Energy has implemented a 2-step verification process that should prevent similar incidents in the future.

An Ather 450X electric scooter was damaged by a fire a few weeks ago in Bangalore. Looking at the gravity of the situation, Ather Energy conducted an investigation and has now released its findings.

According to the company, the fire was caused due to a short circuit. It is said that one of the connectors to the motor controller was not torqued down properly, which caused sparking around the controller terminals. 

Ather claims that the short circuit caused the safety systems to kick in, immediately cutting off further power flow and limiting the damage. It is said that a newly implemented 2-step verification process should prevent similar incidents in the future.

Official statement:

Source: Read Full Article