2022 Skoda Kodiaq TSI: Observations after a 900 km highway drive
Even in normal mode, the acceleration is very good. There is a slight delay as you press the accelerator but once you are past that, the car just takes off.
BHPian pk1972 recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
Took the Kodiaq on first long drive. Bengaluru to Madurai and back – an total of 900 kms of highway driving. Drove in normal mode throughout the journey. Both sides were in day time so did not experience lights, visibility etc. night time.
- The car was extremely good to drive and very smooth. Easily one of the best cars I have driven till now both in India and US. Very composed at speeds at 120+ and could take the curves without having to slow down. The ride is also very comfortable and did not feel much tired after an 6 hour drive.
- Even in normal mode, the acceleration is very good. There is a slight delay as you press the accelerator but once you are past that, the car just takes off. You will literally fly past the rest of the traffic on the road.
- Pretty quiet inside the car and you will not hear much of outside noise till you hit around 130 km/hour. Suddenly you hear a lot of wind noise like someone switched on a button!
- Was thrilled to see small cars, tempos making way A first for me.
- Overall mileage was 9.2 km/lit. I need to learn to go easy on the accelerator but I would prefer to have more fun than mileage atleast in these drives.
- AC in sweltering heat of TN needs to be managed manually. You will melt by the time the auto does its job!
- Seat ventilation is a boon in our weather – you will not realize the value of it till you have used it like I did first time in this trip. Same goes for lumbar support too. These are features which are very useful than gimmicks like ambient lighting etc.
I am hard pressed to find anything not good. The 120 kmph beeps are really annoying – anyone managed to stop that in Skoda cars?
It was a great touch by Skoda service consultant Muthu to check how the long trip went. I had told him earlier about the long trip coming-up while he was attending the bad quality fuel saga.
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information
Source: Read Full Article